Sunday, January 5, 2014

Setting goals for 2014

2013 was the first year for which I set goals - unfortunately I moved to another continent and left the diary behind which had my list of goals. Oops.

For 2014, I made goals, added a timeline and actionable steps to them, and saved them as well in my Todoist account. It might be a lot that I'm trying to achieve, but I like keeping my standards high. Even if I only get a fraction of everything done, I will still have done quite a number of things.

And because accountability is scary and all that, I decided to share my goals, and review at the end of the year how well or poorly I fared.

My academic goals for 2014 are the following:
- try a month of writing daily from 6am to 8am
- start up a laboratory at the university where I'm currently employed
- get involved in a bridge design project
- teach awesome courses to my students
- organize a science communication course
- graduate 4 thesis students
- write a grant proposal
- submit at least 6 journal papers for review (priority number 1!)
- learn Spanish

My health/personal goals for 2014 are the following:
- get back onto the FLO living protocol for eating and time management
- try a month of going to the gym daily at 6am
- eat vegan for a month
- revisit the Silva course
- find friends in my new city Quito
- give up refined sugar for 40 days
- buy an apartment
- exercise daily
- meditate daily
- journal daily
- read 60 books

And for PhD Talk, I'd like to do the following:
- transform PhD Talk
- write a book
- teach a social media workshop
- write 10 guest posts for other blogs

And a few fun activities that I want to do:
- go hike in a national park
- run a race
- play more music
- go horseriding in nature
- volunteer a couple of days on an organic farm and forest-keeping project
- get involved with the local TEDx community
- write a bundle of poems and publish them
- go for a singing weekend
- study an NLP course
- climb the Cotopaxi volcano
- attend a meditation workshop
- do one handscraft project
- go on a yoga weekend
- draw 7 mandalas

What are your goals for 2014? Have you made a list of fun things that you would like to do as well, to get enough downtime?

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-49678081-1