Sunday, January 13, 2013

Treat Yourself to Relaxation: Silva Relaxation App

Silva Relaxation is a free app that can be used as part of your meditation practice.

If you enjoy these recordings with headphones, you can use them as a means to relax and shut out the outer world while you are on-the-go.

The relaxation exercises guide you through an extended version of a body scan, and then help you to be centered in your breathing.

After a stressful day of thesis writing, or an overly busy conference or meeting, I've used these recordings to let go of the day and get some quiet time.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Katy - love meditation and binaural beats technology myself - have you tried Kelly Howell? Her secret mind meditation is wonderful! More here: http://www.doctoralnet.com/resources/personal-well-being/item/51-brainsync.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried Kelly Howell's method - but I do have used binaural beats while studying / writing and started to explore the Silva method further to function at alpha level.
    Need to experiment a little more with all that before I can write a thorough review of it, but so far it's beneficial. I can't tell if that's because I'm telling myself mentally "Now I'm seriously going to write this peice - headphones on!" or because the binaural technology really influences my brainwaves...

    ReplyDelete

UA-49678081-1